Creamy Baked Turkey Tetrazzini is considered one of my finest leftover turkey recipes! This straightforward, traditional pasta bake is made with tender cooked spaghetti and turkey tossed in a selfmade mushroom cream sauce, then baked beneath a layer of crunchy panko and parmesan. It’s the proper lazy, post-holiday meal to make use of up these Thanksgiving leftovers.
Straightforward Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini with Mushrooms
I don’t learn about you, mates, however as soon as Thanksgiving has come and gone, I don’t even need to look at my oven for a minimum of per week. And that’s saying one thing, for me!
This is the reason I choose to get all my post-holiday cooking carried out directly, whereas there’s nonetheless leftover turkey within the fridge. I bake all of it up into this straightforward, one-shot, garlicky turkey tetrazzini recipe to tide us over for the following few days. Dinner? Turkey tetrazzini. Fast lunch? Tetrazzini!
This straightforward pasta bake is so flavorful, we by no means get bored with it. I like how the tender turkey, savory mushrooms, and creamy sauce tie collectively completely. Heck, generally I’ll even put together two casseroles, and freeze one for a later day.
If you happen to’re questioning what to do with a bucketload of leftover roast turkey, you’re going to like this scrumptious and creamy turkey tetrazzini!
What You’ll Want
So, what’s tetrazzini sauce made from? Let’s have a fast have a look at the substances you’ll want, and don’t neglect to test the recipe card for the complete quantities:
- Spaghetti: You’ll want a few pound of dry spaghetti pasta to make this baked turkey tetrazzini. Different lengthy pasta, like fettuccine or linguine, are additionally good choices.
- Butter and Olive Oil: You’ll use each all through the recipe for cooking and flavoring.
- Garlic: Freshly minced garlic or bust, mates!
- Child Bella Mushrooms: Nearly any white or brown mushrooms will work, however I discover these child mushrooms to be an ideal dimension for simple slicing.
- Hen Broth: I like to make use of a low-sodium broth or inventory in order that the recipe doesn’t come out overly salty. Vegetable broth is the following best option.
- Flour: Simply common all-purpose flour, for thickening the mushroom sauce.
- Heavy Cream: Full-fat cream will yield the creamiest tetrazzini sauce. Nonetheless, you should utilize half-and-half or 2% milk should you desire it lighter.
- Leftover Turkey: Collect up that leftover cooked turkey from the fridge, and chop it into bite-sized chunks.
- Mozzarella Cheese: I soften shredded mozzarella into the cream sauce for next-level ooey-gooey, melty creaminess. (Is it me? Am I the drama?)
- Frozen Peas: Completely non-obligatory. Inexperienced peas add a pleasant pop of shade and I occur to like them! Be at liberty to omit should you’d desire.
- Panko Bread Crumbs: Panko crumbs are the lighter, flakier cousins of standard breadcrumbs. They make one of the best topping for baked pasta recipes!
- Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grated, to mix with the panko for additional taste.
- Salt and Pepper
How Lengthy Is Leftover Turkey Good For?
Saved hermetic, leftover Thanksgiving turkey will hold for 4 days within the fridge. This leaves ample time to show it into one thing scrumptious, like this turkey tetrazzini. For longer-term storage, it’s also possible to freeze leftover turkey for as much as 3 months.
Easy methods to Make Baked Turkey Tetrazzini
Whereas the oven preheats, get your spaghetti cooked al dente in response to the instructions on the bundle. Put aside the pasta, together with a greased baking dish, after which get began on the cream sauce:
- Make the Mushroom Sauce: Saute the garlic in a Dutch oven with butter and olive oil, then add the mushrooms and a half cup of hen broth. After a couple of minutes, add the remainder of the butter and extra olive oil, after which whisk within the flour. Lastly, pour within the remaining broth together with heavy cream. Toss in a pinch of salt and pepper, then simmer to thicken.
- Add Turkey: Subsequent, stir the chopped turkey, shredded mozzarella, and inexperienced peas into the sauce.
- Add Spaghetti: Subsequent, toss the spaghetti within the cream sauce to coat. Switch the spaghetti and sauce to the baking dish after which combine up the topping.
- Make the Topping: In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the panko, parmesan, and the final of the olive oil. Unfold the topping evenly excessive of the spaghetti within the pan.
- Bake: Lastly, bake the tetrazzini at 350ºF till the highest is crisp and golden, between 22 to 25 minutes. Make sure to let the casserole relaxation on the counter for 10 minutes or so, earlier than serving.
Suggestions and Variations
Listed below are much more methods to take advantage of out of this straightforward turkey tetrazzini recipe:
- Additional Cheese: For much more cheesiness, stir a mix of cheeses into the sauce. Combine mozzarella with different melty varieties like, grated cheddar or provolone.
- Add Herbs: Convey extra taste to your tetrazzini with contemporary or dried herbs, like parsley, basil, oregano, thyme, and/or rosemary.
- Add Veggies: Why cease at frozen peas? Add additional veggies to your pasta bake, equivalent to diced zucchini, carrots, and even cherry tomatoes. It’s additionally one other nice excuse to make use of up extra Thanksgiving leftovers, like Honey Roasted Butternut Squash or Straightforward Roasted Inexperienced Beans.
- Hen Tetrazzini: This recipe is a superb approach to make use of up leftover vacation turkey. Nonetheless, it’s simply nearly as good after I make it with chopped cooked hen, too! It’s also possible to swap out turkey or hen for diced vacation ham as a substitute.
- Add Bacon: Smokey, crispy cooked bacon is nice so as to add to the mushroom sauce or sprinkle overtop as soon as the tetrazzini is baked.
A comfy baked turkey tetrazzini goes with so many meal concepts! We love serving ours with a aspect of crusty No-Knead Skillet Bread and a contemporary fall salad. You need to strive my Apple Bacon Salad with Selfmade Maple-Balsamic French dressing. 👌 Tetrazzini makes a satisfying lunch or gentle dinner on the times after an enormous vacation meal.
Serve this turkey tetrazzini with a number of of those straightforward aspect dishes:
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
- This baked turkey tetrazzini will be saved hermetic within the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Reheat parts within the oven at 350ºF, or within the microwave till warmed by way of.
Can I Freeze Turkey Tetrazzini?
- Sure! To increase the lifetime of your leftovers even longer, this tetrazzini will be frozen for as much as 3 months. Wrap the casserole tightly in plastic wrap, with an additional layer of aluminum foil, or retailer it hermetic in a freezer-safe container.
- Defrost the turkey tetrazzini in a single day within the fridge, then reheat within the oven or within the microwave (if reheating smaller parts).
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Frivolously grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and put aside.
Prepare dinner spaghetti in response to the instructions on the bundle. Drain.
In the meantime, soften 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a Dutch Oven set over medium warmth.
Stir within the garlic and cook dinner for about 15 seconds, or till aromatic.
Add within the mushrooms and ½ cup hen broth; cook dinner for five minutes, or till mushrooms are smooth.
Add remaining butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet, and whisk within the flour.
Prepare dinner for two to three minutes.
Slowly add in remaining hen broth and heavy cream; whisk till fully clean.
Season with salt and pepper and convey to a simmer; cook dinner for five minutes, or till thickened.
Stir within the chopped turkey, mozzarella cheese, and peas.
Add the cooked spaghetti and toss till nicely mixed.
Switch the combination to beforehand ready baking dish. Put aside.
In a mixing bowl mix the panko crumbs, parmesan cheese, and remaining olive oil.
Sprinkle the panko combination excessive of the baking dish.
Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or till golden on prime.
Take away from oven and let cool for 10 to fifteen minutes earlier than serving.
- Pasta: I exploit spaghetti to make Tetrazzini, however you should utilize any sort of noodles that you just like, or have readily available.
- Turkey: This can be a nice recipe for Thanksgiving turkey leftovers, however don’t cease there! You’ll be able to at all times use leftover hen and even chopped up seafood.
- Cheese: Mozzarella is my go-to for turkey tetrazzini, however you possibly can combine it up with a little bit of shredded cheddar and provolone.
Energy: 872 kcal | Carbohydrates: 47 g | Protein: 15 g | Fats: 70 g | Saturated Fats: 25 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 12 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 28 g | Trans Fats: 0.2 g | Ldl cholesterol: 98 mg | Sodium: 273 mg | Potassium: 424 mg | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 4 g | Vitamin A: 720 IU | Vitamin C: 6 mg | Calcium: 149 mg | Iron: 2 mg | Internet Carbs: 44 g
Dietary information is an estimate and supplied as courtesy. Values might range in response to the substances and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed information.