Caprese salad is an excellent easy salad product of tomatoes, contemporary mozzarella, and basil. I often consider it as a summer time salad, when tomatoes are in season the place I stay.
However, that is the Christmas model—fashioned right into a sweet cane design for a enjoyable and festive tackle this basic salad.
Associated: Discover extra vacation appetizer concepts in our archive.
Caprese Salad Elements:
- Tomatoes – the extra flavorful and contemporary the higher
- Contemporary Mozzarella – I wish to slice this myself to get the thickness I want
- Basil – The leaves can keep entire or you may chop them as much as sprinkle over the salad
- Olive Oil & Salt – to drizzle and sprinkle excessive earlier than serving
Suggestions for Making Caprese Salad:
- Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella an identical thickness for a uniform serving look.
- You possibly can nonetheless obtain this sweet cane look even in case you select to cut the objects into cubes or smaller items.
- Drizzle with olive oil after which sprinkle on somewhat flaky sea salt simply earlier than serving.
Though this salad is nice by itself, listed below are some belongings you would possibly need to serve it with:
For extra recipes like this one, don’t overlook to subscribe!
Be a part of Now
Get inventive concepts for recipes, crafts, decor, and extra in your inbox!
Get the Recipe
tomato, mozzarella, and basil salad styled like a sweet cane
Wash and slice the tomatoes into skinny items, eradicating any steam areas as wanted.
Slice the mozzarella into skinny or thick items relying in your desire.
Depart the basil leaves entire or chop into small items.
Organize the components in a sweet cane design.
Drizzle with oil and sprinkle on sea salt earlier than serving.
Caprese Salad – Christmas Appetizer
Quantity per Serving
% Each day Worth*
* % Each day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.
Discover: Diet is auto-calculated, utilizing Spoonacular, on your comfort. The place related, we suggest utilizing your personal vitamin calculations.