Scorching and Crispy Smashed Potatoes within the Air Fryer are straightforward to make and extremely cozy. Drizzled with selfmade garlic butter, they’re principally the right starchy aspect dish for any event!
Buttery Smashed Potatoes, Tremendous Simple to Make!
I don’t assume I’ve ever met a potato recipe I didn’t like – have you ever? From Basil Pesto Potatoes Grilled in Foil to Tacky Potato Waffles, and all the things in between, the standard tater is only a good canvas for taste blasting.
However, potatoes are additionally delicious once they’re merely cooked with minimal components. The naturally satisfying style of the basis veggie doesn’t want a lot to shine. And, once they’re air-fried till crispy? Overlook about it. That’s why I really like these crispy smashed potatoes, made rapidly and simply within the air fryer. They’re enjoyable, flavorFUL, and completely balanced!
What’s the Distinction Between Mashed Potatoes and Smashed Potatoes?
Though the names are comparable, these two kinds for cooking spuds couldn’t be extra completely different. Everyone knows and love good previous mashed potatoes – principally the right fluffy, buttery consolation meals. Often made with Russet potatoes, cream, and butter, they’re fantastic as-is or with a hearty topping of selfmade gravy.
Smashed potatoes have much more texture, because of their tough and minimal cooking technique. Boiled to melt, crushed and damaged with a fork, and drizzled with oil or butter, these potatoes nonetheless have their skins and an incredible baked-potato style. Air frying provides a killer crispy end, making these homestyle morsels completely irresistible.
The Elements You’ll Want
Crispy smashed potatoes aren’t simply mouthwatering – they’re actually a healthful aspect dish, made with actual components you’ll be able to be ok with. Speak about a win-win, proper?
- Potatoes: Yukon gold potatoes are my favourite for this recipe, however you would use crimson potatoes as effectively.
- Butter: Salted or unsalted is okay. If you happen to use salted butter, it’s possible you’ll wish to add much less salt to the dish.
- Garlic: Minced or pressed – or use garlic powder in case you like!
- Parsley: Finely chopped recent parsley for the garlic butter, plus extra for garnish.
- Salt and Pepper: To style.
Learn how to Make Crispy Smashed Potatoes in Your Air Fryer
- This straightforward recipe has two components: boiling the potatoes to melt them up, and air frying to crisp them up. (Okay, simply writing that made me hungry.) Let’s take a better take a look at the method.
- Boil the Potatoes. To get began, scrub the potatoes and place them in a pot of water, sufficient to cowl the potatoes by one inch. Carry to a boil and prepare dinner for about 20 minutes, or till fork-tender.
- Cool the Potatoes and Make the Garlic Butter. Subsequent, drain the potatoes and dump them out onto a slicing board. Allow them to relaxation for a couple of minutes to chill a bit, when you stir collectively the melted butter, minced garlic, and parsley in a small bowl.
- Get the Potatoes Able to Air Fry. Now you should use a potato masher or the again of a fork to rigorously smash down the potatoes, till they’re about 1-inch thick. DON’T push down too exhausting as a result of they will break aside. Gently press down and launch as soon as they’re as thick as you want.
- Brush the potatoes generously with the garlic butter, and organize them within the air fryer basket, leaving about an inch between every one.
- Air Fry the Smashed Potatoes. Air fry at 400˚F for about 10 minutes, or till they attain your required stage of crispiness. After they’re achieved, switch them to a serving platter.
Ideas for Success
However wait, there’s extra! Earlier than you begin this “smashing” recipe (sorry not sorry), try these useful recipe ideas. Bon appetit! 👌
- Wash Nicely: Have you ever ever heard the expression, “Filthy as an unwashed potato?” That’s as a result of potatoes are root veggies and, when freshly-picked, they’re actually coated in filth and dirt. After all, by the point they get to the grocery retailer they’re often a bit cleaner than that – however it’s nonetheless essential to wash your potatoes and rinse them effectively for a clear, grit-free dish.
- Spices Are Good: This recipe retains it tremendous easy, however take into account that you’ll be able to add your personal flavors simply by simply sprinkling on further spices or spice blends. Assume Cajun seasoning, lemon pepper, Montreal steak, you title it!
- Related Measurement: It takes longer for a bigger potato to prepare dinner via, and a shorter period of time for the little guys. One strategy to get round that’s to chop the potatoes into chunks, however for recipes that use entire potatoes like this one, attempt to decide on spuds which might be all almost the identical measurement.
What must you serve crispy smashed potatoes with? Truthfully, a better query could be, “what ought to I not serve them with?” As a result of that will be a really brief checklist. These straightforward taters go together with nearly all the things. Listed below are only a few concepts:
- Tri-Tip: Oh, tri-tip, how I really like you. This super-succulent lower of beef is very easy to prepare dinner, and makes a mouthwatering meal you would serve anytime from a random Wednesday to Christmas dinner. Try this in-depth tutorial for Oven Roasted Tri-Tip to get all the main points.
- Burgers: Black bean burgers, salmon burgers, cheeseburgers, or – one in all my favorites – Juicy Grilled Turkey Burgers. These are tasty and moist, no dry or crumbly patties in sight. Promise!
- Fajitas: Bulk up your meal by including hearty smashed potatoes! They’re fantastic alongside this straightforward recipe for vegetarian Portabello Mushroom Fajitas.
Learn how to Retailer Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Storing the leftovers is simple – simply place the smashed potatoes in an hermetic container and refrigerate for 3 to 4 days. Reheating is simple too! All they want is a fast reheat within the air fryer at 350˚F for about 5 minutes.
Can I Freeze These?
- Sure, you’ll be able to freeze crispy smashed potatoes, though the feel might change a bit. To freeze them, organize the potatoes on a baking sheet and place within the freezer, till frozen strong. Then pop them right into a zip-top bag, mark with the date, and retailer within the freezer for as much as one month. Allow them to thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Scrub the potatoes.
Place the potatoes in a pot and fill with water, overlaying one inch above the potatoes.
Cook dinner for about 20 to 22 minutes, or till fork tender.
Drain the potatoes and switch to a slicing board; let relaxation a couple of minutes to chill a bit.
In the meantime, in a small mixing bowl mix the melted butter, minced garlic, and parsley.
Utilizing a potato masher or the again of a fork, gently smash the potatoes till flattened to about ½-inch to 1-inch thickness.
Brush the potatoes throughout with the garlic butter combination.
Switch the potatoes to the air fryer basket, leaving about an inch area between every potato.
Cook dinner at 400˚F for 8 to 11 minutes, or till cooked to a desired crispiness.
Switch smashed potatoes to a serving platter.
Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Smashing – When urgent down on the potatoes, be mild so that you simply don’t break the potato aside. You simply wish to push down calmly till the potato is about 1/2-inch to 1-inch thick.
- Garlic Sauce – Make a little bit further of the garlic butter sauce to serve with the potatoes. Completely non-obligatory, however extremely beneficial. 🙌
- Storage – Place the smashed potatoes in an hermetic container and refrigerate for 3 to 4 days. To freeze them, organize the potatoes on a baking sheet and place within the freezer, till frozen. Then, place them right into a ziploc bag and preserve within the freezer for about 1 month.
Energy: 167 kcal | Carbohydrates: 21 g | Protein: 3 g | Fats: 9 g | Saturated Fats: 5 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.4 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0.3 g | Ldl cholesterol: 23 mg | Sodium: 511 mg | Potassium: 498 mg | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 1 g | Vitamin A: 349 IU | Vitamin C: 25 mg | Calcium: 23 mg | Iron: 1 mg | Web Carbs: 18 g
Dietary data is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values might range in response to the components and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed data.