This vegan roasted crimson pepper dip is a brilliant easy appetizer and ideal for whipping up when you’re bored with hummus. All you want are a pair easy components like walnuts, chickpeas, garlic, and roasted crimson peppers from a jar.
This easy roasted crimson pepper dip is my new favourite occasion meals! Similar to hummus, you’ll be able to throw all of the components right into a blender and puree till clean and you’ve got an irresistible dip that’s nice with crackers or veggies. This roasted crimson pepper dip is a hybrid of hummus and this crimson pepper/walnut unfold referred to as muhammara that originated in Syria.
Conventional muhammara components embrace: Aleppo pepper, walnuts, breadcrumbs, and olive oil. Some diversifications might also embrace garlic, lemon juice, cumin and pomegranate molasses. Try this recipe if you wish to strive a conventional muhammara.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Jarred Roasted Crimson Peppers: You may make your personal roasted crimson peppers, however I simply purchase the jarred ones in order that this recipe comes collectively in about 5 minutes.
- Walnuts: add creaminess and wholesome fat to this recipe. You can even use roasted almonds.
- Chickpeas: provides plant-based protein in addition to creaminess to the dip. You would additionally use cannellini beans as a substitute of chickpeas.
- Olive Oil: helps the whole lot mix collectively within the meals processor and provides a delicate earthy taste. You should utilize one other top quality oil like avocado oil or flax oil if you happen to desire.
- Garlic: provides a bunch of scrumptious taste! When you aren’t a fan of uncooked garlic in recipes like this dip – you should use 1 teaspoon granulated garlic as a substitute.
- Smoked Paprika: pairs properly with the trace of smokiness from the jarred crimson peppers. You should utilize common paprika if you happen to don’t have smoked paprika.
Find out how to Make this Crimson Pepper Dip
You may make this dip in both a meals processor or excessive powered blender.
STEP 1: Add the walnuts and oil to a meals processor and mix till walnuts are the feel of breadcrumbs. This step simply helps stop any massive walnut items being left behind whenever you add the remainder of the dip components.
STEP 2: Add the remainder of the components (crimson peppers, chickpeas, garlic, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Puree till clean.
Is roasted crimson pepper dip good for you?
Due to the crimson pepper, this dip is loaded with nutritional vitamins A and C. The walnuts add coronary heart wholesome omega 3 and the chickpeas are an excellent supply of protein and fiber. All of which make this dip a wholesome snack choice! The truth is, this week I’ve been snacking on it after work to curb the munchies earlier than dinner is on the desk.
Find out how to serve roasted crimson pepper dip
- With Dip-Pleasant Meals: serve on a platter with a number of chopped recent greens for dipping. My favourite veggies to serve with this dip embrace: cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas, and carrots.
- With Roasted or Grilled Veggies: drizzle this sauce over roasted greens so as to add taste. It might be good with roasted cauliflower steaks and even this roasted cabbage. You would even apply it to grilled greens – eggplant could be my high decide!
- With Crackers or Crostini: make your self a pleasant little appetizer plate by spreading a spoonful of this dip over crackers or crostini. Sprinkle with some chopped parsley and flakey sea salt for a simple snack or appetizer.
- Unfold onto a Sandwich or Wrap: I like spreading leftover dip onto bread or a wrap after which packing with a bunch of recent veggies and vegan cheese. It might be a scrumptious addition to those roasted eggplant sandwiches.
- With a Grain Bowl: add this dip to a grain bowl like this shawarma cauliflower bowl with roasted veggies for tons of taste.
Make Forward and Storage
- Make Forward: dip might be made as much as 3 days prematurely and saved within the fridge.
- Fridge: dip might be saved within the fridge for as much as 3-4 days in an hermetic container. It’ll thicken some when chilled so let it sit on the counter for a couple of minutes and provides it an excellent stir earlier than serving.
- Freezer: freeze dip in an hermetic container for as much as 3 months. Enable to thaw within the fridge in a single day earlier than stirring properly and serving.
Extra appetizer and snack recipes
Roasted Crimson Pepper Dip
This vegan roasted crimson pepper dip is loaded with taste and a scrumptious various to hummus to deliver to your subsequent occasion.
Stop your display screen from going darkish
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 (12 oz.) jar roasted crimson peppers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Sprint of cayenne
- Chopped parsley
- Chopped walnuts
- Crackers & chopped greens
Add the walnuts and the olive oil to the blender and puree till walnuts are floor to dimension of breadcrumbs.
Add the remainder of the components (chickpeas, garlic, crimson peppers, sea salt, and paprika) and puree till clean.
High with a sprinkle of paprika, drizzle of olive oil (~1/2 teaspoon), walnuts, and chopped parsley earlier than serving to garnish. Serve with crackers and chopped greens for dipping.
- Recipe makes about 2 1/2 cups of dip.
- Retailer any leftover dip in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
- Dip might be served with crackers and minimize greens for dipping.
- Use this dip in sandwiches or wraps OR add it to roasted/grilled greens or tofu.
Serving: 1/3 cup | Energy: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 7g | Fats: 18g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 8g | Monounsaturated Fats: 7g | Sodium: 659mg | Potassium: 292mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 362IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg