These all event Traditional Vegan Sugar Cookies are primarily based upon my mom’s simple sugar cookies recipe—it’s now a 3rd era recipe, as I’ve handed it all the way down to my sons. Initially, this sugar cookie recipe wasn’t vegan, however I labored with these cookies over time to create this straightforward, few-ingredient vegan sugar cookie that’s really a fail-proof recipe. It is a very particular sugar cookie—it’s meant so that you can take time with it as you roll out the dough, and beautify every one—every cookie is a real reward. It’s about making one thing particular. You may make this recipe into sugar cookies with icing, with this straightforward recipe I’ve included for frosting for sugar cookies.
When my kids have been little I made these vegan sugar cookies for each vacation, rolling out cookies and slicing them into shapes that matched the event—Easter, Birthday Events, Halloween, St. Patrick’s Day, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, and naturally, Christmas. My boys would love to assist me beautify the Christmas sugar cookies. I’ve been gathering cookie cutters for years, and inherited some from my mom too. Simply make up the dough, chill it for a bit, roll it out, reduce into shapes with cookie cutters, and beautify the cookies. I’ve additionally been gathering cookie decorations after I journey—a lot of these featured in my photographs listed below are from journeys to Europe, the place they’ve stunning baking traditions. However you will discover cookie decorations anyplace! I really like to make use of raisins, chocolate chips, nuts, seeds (like sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds), sprinkles, raisins, and coconut. It’s all about utilizing your creativity!
Watch how I make this recipe in my Plant-Powered Reside Cooking present right here.
This very particular Traditional Vegan Sugar Cookie recipe works for all events—Christmas Sugar Cookies, Valentines Sugar Cookies, in addition to Halloween, Easter, Birthdays, and past.
Decorations (as desired):
- To make cookies: Combine egg replacer, 3 tablespoons of the plant-based milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Combine in margarine and sugar.
- Stir in flour simply till mixed. Add further plant-based milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, simply to make a easy dough that’s not sticky.
- Type dough right into a circle, cowl, and refrigerate for about 2 hours (or in a single day).
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Evenly flour a clear floor and roll out dough to ¼-inch thickness utilizing a rolling pin that has been dusted with flour.
- Reduce out dough into desired shapes utilizing cookie cutters which have been frivolously floured.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet, permitting house to unfold barely.
- Bake for about 10 – quarter-hour, simply till floor begins to show golden.
- Take away from oven and permit to chill.
- To Make Icing: Place powdered sugar in a small dish; add vanilla, and blend in simply sufficient plant-based milk to make a easy, spreadable consistency.
- Beautify cookies with icing and decorations as desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 10 minutes
- Class: Dessert
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Measurement: 1 cookie with icing
- Energy: 99
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 42 mg
- Fats: 4 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Protein: 1 g
Key phrases: vegan sugar cookies, comfortable sugar cookies, christmas sugar cookies, frosting for sugar cookies, simple sugar cookies, sugar cookies with icing
For different cookie recipes, take a look at a few of my favorites:
Tollhouse Pan Cookies
Delicate Molasses Cookies
Vegan Lemon Shortbread Cookies with Basil
Vegan Pine Nut Oat Cookies
Vegan Delicate Molasses Cookies
This submit might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. For extra info click on right here.